SEPTEMBER SUBMISSIONS DUE DATE: May 1st
An online digest of articles, World Council on Intercultural and Global Competence (WCIGC)’s Intercultural Connector aspires to help intercultural scholars and practitioners to be creative, reflective, and generous in their work.
Feature articles, reviews, interviews, actionable advice, columns, and other creative pieces will be subject to the guidelines (see below) that have been approved by the WCIGC Strategy Team.
WCIGC’s Intercultural Connector Editorial Team reserves the right to select the best submissions received for the biannual newsletters and special editions. Submissions will reflect the World Council mission to connect researchers, practitioners, educational institutions, and organizations across disciplines, languages, and countries to advance knowledge, research, and praxis of intercultural competence globally. Bilingual entries (any language submitted along with English translation) are strongly encouraged.
GREAT ARTICLE CONTENT FOR WCIGC INTERCULTURAL CONNECTOR SHOULD:
- be thought-provoking and useful for WCIGC membership;
- respect the readers’ intelligence and time;
- establish a credible source of authority, drawing on research or practice;
- address intercultural and global competence research or praxis;
- already have been through an initial editing process prior to submission;
- emphasize a human rights-based approach
ARTICLE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR WCIGC’S INTERCULTURAL CONNECTOR:
- submit as a Microsoft Word or Google Document;
- utilize APA style and documentation;
- Article size options:
- under 300 words;
- 500 – 1000 words;
- tied to one of the themes below;
- submitted to the Intercultural Connector editorial team for peer review.
- Guest Interculturalist––By invitation only.
- Current Issues—Pertinent and pressing issues in work related to intercultural and global competence.
- Good Practices—Innovative, effective, and transferable to all fields of study and professions as related to intercultural and global competence.
- Research on intercultural competence (ICC) and global competence – write up to a 1000 word article summarizing relevant research on ICC and Global Competence
- Intercultural Competence (ICC) and Specific Professional Fields—Exploring the intersection and integration with ICC and global competence (i.e. Business, Health, Criminal Justice, Diplomacy, Law, etc.).
- Regional ICC Development: We welcome submissions on ICC and global competence development from all regions of the world including Caribbean, Central and South Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, MENA, Oceania, Southeast Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, Western Europe, US & Canada. We recognize the imbalance in ICC scholarship (as coming predominantly from the Global North) and strongly encourage colleagues in the Global South to inform ICC knowledge by sharing ICC insights and discovery.
- Research & Reviews—Reviews and summaries of current scholarship and resources on ICC and global competence (this can be in any language – along with a brief summary in English).
- Resources & People—Interviews, clips, and other resources related to ICC and global competence that equips and empowers the WCIGC membership and readership.
- Stories—Compelling narratives from the front lines of intercultural competence work.
- Story Circles – sharing experiences of using UNESCO’s Story Circles for developing intercultural competence
- Student Entries – student perspectives on intercultural competence and global competence
- High School
PEER REVIEW GUIDELINES:
Details to be released prior to the May 1st submission deadline! Anyone interested in joining the WCIGC editorial team as a peer reviewer, please complete the Volunteer Application or contact Emily Brokaw or Kelly Pengelly at Newsletter.WCIGC@protonmail.com.
ENHANCEMENTS SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
We want this newsletter to be more than just updates and articles, and we welcome art, quotes, poetry, and resources that we can share to complement the content in this publication. Submit Intercultural Connector enhancements using the form below and following the appropriate guidelines:
- Intercultural Artwork
- Images of Art:
- Submitted as a high resolution image (PNG, JPG, GIF, etc.)
- Image size should not exceed 1MB
- Limit of 2 images (contact if more than 2)
- Audio or Video: Spoken word poetry and other entries might be best communicated via audio or video productions.
- Submitted work should be entered as a video, presentation, audio, or image and/or link
- Images of Art:
- Intercultural Quotes or Poetry
- Submitted using the textbox as plain text or a GoogleDocs link.
- English translations for submissions in a different language
- Author, date, and any relevant background information for the quote/poem
- Intercultural Resources
- Indicate type of resource
- Include any relevant links or information on accessing and using the resource
SEPTEMBER ISSUE DUE DATE: May 1st
To pitch a WCIGC INTERCULTURAL CONNECTOR piece, include a brief summary describing the article idea, an approximate length, and expected date of completion to Newsletter.WCIGC@protonmail.com.