Virtual Global Learning Forum: Designing and Implementing Global Learning / Internationalization at Home
Designing and Implementing Global Learning / Internationalization at Home
Monday, November 16, 2020
8:00am – 5:00pm EST | Online
- Global learning leadership and strategy
- Teaching, learning, curriculum design
- Importance and effectiveness of global learning in a time of worldwide turmoil
A global learning curriculum, designed with clarity and intentionality, will help your campus to include all students in shaping their global awareness, perspective and commitment as we have done for over 140,000 students and 740 faculty and staff at FIU.
Our scholars founded the award-winning Global Learning for Global Citizenship initiative and have led it for over 10 years. They are deeply invested in sharing their leadership, research and professional development experience with other.
Who should attend?:
- Faculty who are looking for effective ways to incorporate global learning experiences in their curriculum and co-curriculum.
- Administrators who are responsible for ensuring that their students and faculty gain critical skills to constructively contribute to the global society and workplace and exchange of new knowledge.
- Staff who support faculty and administrators in implementing a global learning curriculum.
A global learning curriculum is an inclusive approach for all students to become global thinkers and actors. Forum attendees will leave with a thorough understanding of global learning and practical tools to work with campus stakeholders and successfully implement it at the home campus. Gain access to valuable resources for designing, implementing, and assessing global learning.
$250 (regular registration, October 31-November 12)
Forum fee includes:
- Full day forum access.
- Four customized learning modules led by award-winning global learning scholars who are practitioners and university administrators.
- Your own copy of “Making Global Learning Universal” co-published by NAFSA book.
Forum hosts:Dr. Hilary C. Landorf, Ph.D. Dr. Landorf is the founding Executive Director of FIU’s Office of Global Learning Initiatives, which oversees the university-wide initiative, Global Learning for Global Citizenship, recognized by the Institute of International Education as winner of the 2016 Heiskell Award Internationalizing the Campus. She is an Associate Professor in the School of Education and Human Development, and leader of FIU’s Master of Science degree program in International and Intercultural Education. Landorf’s expertise centers on visioning, developing, designing, and implementing global learning programs. She has written, consulted, and presented internationally on integrating global learning into higher education.
Ms. Birgitta “Gitta” Rausch-Montoto, Director of Global Strategy & Faculty Success, FIU Global, assumes the operational management of the Global Learning Forum with the goal of taking ‘global learning global’ beyond FIU’s campus and forming new alliances with local and global partners. She has led many institutional initiatives on campus as well as abroad. As a Fulbright Scholar Program Campus Liaison, Rausch-Montoto promotes global mobility opportunities for faculty outbound as well as inbound. She is an alumna of FIU’s M.S. in International & Intercultural Education program.
Join us here: Forum Registration