Call for Proposals: Institute on Online Global Learning (virtual event)
Institute on Online Global Learning
Lessons Learned & Level Up!
Deadline for Proposals: November 30th, 11:59PM EST
The virtual event takes places on Thursday, February 4, 2021
Call for Proposals:
The Forum on Education Abroad is pleased to welcome proposals for it’s first-ever Institute on Online Global Learning. This one-day, virtual event will provide education abroad professionals and colleagues across the fields of international education and online global learning opportunities to come together to discuss current trends, share their experiences, and work collaboratively to strengthen our identity as educators committed to connecting our students to rich, transformative international and intercultural experiences.
We know that many international educators are still novices in the virtual space, so we hope to lean into that by inviting colleagues with experience in online global learning and those who are just getting started to propose sessions and share their insights. We also hope that colleagues in COIL and virtual exchange, virtual and remote internships and service-learning, instructional design, online learning, and digital pedagogy will join us to share their expertise.
We invite session proposals that address the full life-cycle of online global learning experiences, from ideation and development, marketing, to orientation, and all the way through to post-program evaluation and engagement. The following topics are of particular interest:
- Promising practices in training and preparing education abroad offices for global online learning
- Pedagogical and technological tips for working with faculty to develop and facilitate online global learning programs
- Working across campuses to support online experiences
- Online global learning as a pathway to international mobility and as an additional tool for campus internationalization goals
- Issues of power and privilege in online global learning: ethical considerations when working in and with under-resourced communities
- Building community and intimacy in an online setting
- Solutions for program assessment and evaluation
- Innovative ideas and successful global online learning practices
- Building new partnerships and expanding on existing partnerships through online global learning
- Research on online global learning experience and its impacts
- Do’s and Don’ts for creating global online learning programs
- Pending issues and challenges with global online learning
- How to empower and educate students about global online learning opportunities
- Best practices and resources for supporting global online learning for diverse and/or underrepresented populations in education abroad
- Identifying technology that supports global online learning and practical applications of the use of that technology across institutional and organizational types
- The expanding role of education abroad offices in taking on on new online global programming initiatives
- Collaborating with other stakeholders with expertise such as instructional designers, technology experts, etc.
- Health and safety considerations for online global learning experiences
- Helping students reflect upon their online experiences and/or how they communicate the skills gained to potential future employers
Please prepare your proposals for a 90-minute session delivered using Zoom and the vConference virtual event platform.