The World Council on Intercultural and Global Competence connects researchers, practitioners, educational institutions, and organizations across disciplines, languages, and countries to advance knowledge, research, and praxis of intercultural competence globally.
To foster a foundation for intercultural understanding across individual and societal differences in pursuit of a more peaceful world.
The World Council is grounded in four principles:
- Global Collaboration –brings together schools, researchers and practitioners from around
the world on issues related to intercultural competence development and assessment,
forming a global collaborative network
- Interdisciplinarity –promotes cross-fertilization of disciplinary insights, a great need in
intercultural competence research
- Praxis –encourages links between research, reflection, and practice/action
- Engagement –engages a wide variety of stakeholders, beyond researchers, through
outreach and technology
- Network of educational institutional network connecting schools and universities committed to intercultural competence development and assessment
- UNESCO Intercultural Trainers Network (trained in UNESCO intercultural methodology)
- ICC Global Researchers’ Network
- ICC Teachers’ Network
- Online platform that serves as a clearinghouse on intercultural and global competence resources in different languages and disciplines
- Regional think tanks on intercultural competence, bringing together thought leaders,practitioners, policy makers and other stakeholders
- Academic newsletter
- Seals of Excellence
- Intercultural Audit for Organizations
- Intercultural Competence External Assessment
Non-profit organization incorporated North Carolina, USA.