Join us November 5th at 11am EST to collaborate and network with fellow researchers and practitioners!
The founder of modern linguistics, Dr. Noam Chomsky, shares his support for World Council's efforts to pursue a more peaceful world through developing intercultural competence globally.
We are excited to announce the launch of World Council's Blog!
Get the latest news and updates to stay connected!
The World Council on Intercultural and Global Competence is a global non-profit non-governmental organization dedicated to connecting researchers and practitioners across disciplines, sectors, languages and countries to advance the knowledge, research and praxis of intercultural competence globally in the pursuit of a more peaceful world. The World Council community is comprised of collaborative network of intercultural experts and scholars (some of whom are ICC Advisors to the World Council), educators, students, policymakers, practitioners across all sectors, and anyone passionate about intercultural and global competence from around the world who come together through numerous working groups to learn from and with each other. The World Council is also active in publishing some of the latest work on intercultural and global competence through its bi-annual publication Intercultural Connector and blog. The World Council promotes concrete methodologies for developing intercultural competence such as the UNESCO Story Circles. Its community members are interested in researching various aspects of intercultural and global competence and translating such research into real-world application, through grant-funded projects, toolkits, and other resources. The World Council collaborates with other organizations around the world with complimentary missions (Founding Affiliates). Join the World Council community today!
The World Council on Intercultural and Global Competence connects researchers and practitioners across disciplines, languages, and countries to advance knowledge, research, and praxis of intercultural competence globally.
To foster a foundation for intercultural understanding across individual and societal differences in pursuit of a more peaceful world.
The World Council is grounded in four principles:
- Global Collaboration –brings together researchers and practitioners from around the world on issues related to intercultural competence development and assessment, forming a global collaborative network
- Interdisciplinarity –promotes cross-fertilization of disciplinary insights, a great need in intercultural competence research
- Praxis –encourages links between research, reflection, and practice/action
- Engagement –engages a wide variety of stakeholders, beyond researchers, through outreach and technology
- Intercultural Connector online publication
- UNESCO Intercultural Facilitators Network (trained in UNESCO intercultural methodology)
- ICC Global Researchers’ Network
- Working Groups on Intercultural and Global Competence*
- World Council virtual events
- Online platform that serves as a connecting place for intercultural and global competence resources in different languages and disciplines
- Regional think tanks on intercultural competence, bringing together researchers, thought leaders, practitioners, and other stakeholders
- Seals of Excellence
- Intercultural and global projects
Non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization incorporated in North Carolina, USA.
Tax-deductible donations may be mailed to World Council on Intercultural and Global Competence, 4142 Wallingford Place, Durham NC 27707 USA